Lonerider Brewery proudly opened its doors in 2009. Since then, we’ve won over 50+ Awards, including bringing the first GABF Gold Medal to Raleigh. Our brand and our culture derive from the Outlaw philosophy. Walk your own path, and instead of thinking outside the box, imagine what if there was no box.
We’re looking for a new brewer to join us. Someone that is genuinely passionate about craft brewing and has an eye towards the future of what recent trends are starting to pop up. Sound like a fit? Come ride for the brand.
- Be responsible for brewing great beer. Be able to work on the brew stand and in the cellar alone after training.
- Create new recipes and beer profiles as needed for innovation.
- Work alongside production staff in all aspects of production (handling raw materials, wort production, yeast management, cellaring, packaging, and documenting processes).
- Maintain a clean work environment.
- Keep impeccable brewing records from start to finish, including batch brew logs, gravities, zahms, and other notes that pertain to the life of beers produced.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures for all production activities.
- Work with Director of Operations to ensure that Lonerider maintains a high profile in beer awards by creating high-quality beers and ensuring that beers are entered into all judging events chosen.
- Support sales and marketing team in outreach as necessary.
- Help train front of house employees in beer styles, off-flavors, and proper cleaning and maintenance of draft equipment.
- Have fun putting together special events at our Hideout locations.
- Be responsible for the quality of Lonerider products.
- Responsible for the beer you have a hand in creating and ensure that the beer is of the highest quality.
- Thoroughly document all measurements collected at various points during beer life. Input into spreadsheets to track changes in quality.
- Be able to create, manage, and run QC panels. Collate results of each panel.
- Prior brewing experience is required.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds above shoulders repeatedly.
- Be accountable for your actions.
- Make decisions for your role while keeping everybody informed and accepting input.
Lonerider Brewing Company is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.