APPLICATIONS ARE CLOSED.
Job Title: Warehouse Shipping and Receiving Associate
Lonerider Brewing Company in Raleigh, NC has an immediate opening for a full time Warehouse Shipping and Receiving Associate. We are a dedicated team who love our job. We’re looking for a fun, hard working person with an unyielding dedication to quality to join our team and we will accept nothing less! This is an excellent opportunity to join a brewery with a bright future and long-term goals along with working and living in the North Carolina Triangle area.
Previous experience in a warehouse environment is preferred, and preference will be given to individuals with experience directly related to brewery operations. This position is a mentally and physically intensive position that requires exceptional motivation and excellent professionalism in the face of a demanding warehouse environment. Individuals must be safety-minded, efficient, quality-focused, have a great work ethic, a positive attitude and be part of the team. This individual will report to the Production & Logistics Manager.
Shipping and Receiving
- Assemble and organize orders for pickup by or shipment to distributors/customers
- Complete shipment paperwork (Bill of Ladings, Delivery Order Receipts, Packing List, etc).
- Safely load and unload pallets on to and off trucks.
- Unload and count empty kegs returned by distributors.
- Receive, inspect, and put away deliveries (grains, hops, kegs, glassware, etc.).
- Complete delivery paperwork on all goods received
- Maintain a SAFE, clean, organized, and efficient work environment; follow safety and work practices.
- Safely operate a forklift and other material handling equipment – always in control of load and aware
of persons, equipment, and facilities in immediate surroundings.
- Conduct daily maintenance checks on forklift and other material handling equipment.
- Drive the Lonerider box truck (manual transmission).
- Promptly report any damage or maintenance issues to the PLM.
- Work with Brewers to schedule transfers of raw materials according to brew schedule.
- Work with the Packaging team to schedule transfers of finished beer to the warehouse and packaging materials to the brewery.
- Maintain valid driver’s license.
- Follow First In First Out (FlFO) standards when assembling orders for shipment.
- Rotate finished products in the warehouse cooler to facilitate FlFO selection of products.
- Promptly report any damaged or defective inventory to the PLM
- Accomplish physical inventories of finished beer on a weekly basis, and spot inventories as directed.
- Conduct physical inventories of raw materials monthly, and spot inventories as directed.
- Work with PLM to correct and troubleshoot inventory inconsistencies and anomalies.
- Stock the brewery’s tasting room (kegs, cases, glassware, etc.).
- Fill in on the canning line when necessary and warehouse workload permits
- Clean and fill kegs for the packaging team when necessary and warehouse workload permits.
Qualified Candidates will possess the following:
- Must be 21+ years of age
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license with no previous alcohol related offenses
- Reliable transportation to/from work
- Forklift certified preferred (will train if not certified)
- Ability to work all shifts, additional hours & weekends as required
- Ability to multitask and manage time while being detail oriented
- Ability to work to high quality standards both independently and within a team environment
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to lift 50-75 lbs to shoulder height repeatedly, and push or pull 165 lbs
- Must be able to stand/work on your feet for 8 hours or more
- Must be able to twist/turn, reach over shoulders, bend/stoop and stand/walk on a continual basis
- Must be able to work in hot/cold, wet environment
Position is full-time and wages will be commensurate with skills and experience.